TL;DR: Download Dash 4 for macOS and try it out!
Dash 4 is the latest and greatest Dash release. It incorporates the most popular feature requests in a new streamlined interface. Enjoy!
Dash 4 is a paid upgrade ($14.99) for existing Dash users. To upgrade, download Dash 4 and add your Dash 2 or Dash 3 license in Preferences > Purchase and you’ll be prompted to upgrade.
Anyone that purchased Dash after the 1st of December 2016 gets to upgrade for free.
- New Interface – Clean, modern, with a focus on what matters most: the docs
- New Dark Mode – Night owls, rejoice! The entire Dash interface can now be turned dark
- Web Searches – You can now add/edit fallback web searches (e.g. Google or Stack Overflow) in Preferences
- Docset Playgrounds – Most docsets now show “Play” buttons which let you quickly test snippets of code
- Search Using Selected Text – This feature has been completely remade and is now more reliable, even in apps that don’t support system services. Set a hotkey for it in Preferences > General
- Tab Improvements – You can now reopen the last closed tab, duplicate tabs and close all tabs except for the selected one
Lots of other improvements:
- You can now easily manage docsets directly from the docset browser, using drag and drop, right click and/or the add button
- You can now manage bookmarks from the top menu bar
- Searching in Preferences > Downloads is now synchronised across all docset sources
- You can now copy the external URL of documentation pages for easier sharing
- The Add button in Preferences > Docsets now offers the option to download docsets
- Installing a docset will now also add it to your currently active search profile (Note: can be disabled in Preferences > Docsets > Settings)
- You can now manage the default profile settings from the search profiles popover
- Dash’s web browser is now a bit smarter